It’s Official! I’m a graduate of George Fox University. Class of 2013 baby! And to celebrate, I’m making a list.
I’ve already made plenty of lists (to-do lists, what do to before I get married lists, things I’ll treat my kids to lists, baby name lists, and bucket lists….you can say I’m a fan of lists), but I want to share this one with you all.
This is a list of 21 things to do within my first year as a college grad. I’ll blog about my adventures fulfilling this list and you can even do the list if you want too!
My requirements for the things on this list are:
-they have to be easily marked off
-they have to be relatively cheap (being a recent college grad and all)
Here we go!
- Ride horses on the beach
- Take an online bartending class
- Be able to do the splits.
- Go backpacking through the Sisters Mountains
- Pick a cookbook and cook my way through it
- Bet on a horse at Emerald Downs/Portland Meadows
- Bar hop in Post Alley/Portland
- Go dog sledding
- Do a police-ride along
- Pay for the person behind me in a drive-through of some kind
- See an opera by the Seattle or Portland opera
- Run a 5K
- Write a fan letter
- Find an occasion to wear a huge dress
- Read Les Miserables
- Watch Shawshank Redemption
- Submit articles to three different magazines
- Bake a soufflé
- Wear dresses/skirts for a week straight
- Make a video for the blog
- Name the blog
And I’ll start of the list by announcing the cookbook that I’ll be cooking through: Modern Hospitality by Whitney Miller, winner of the first season of MasterChef!
I found this cookbook a while back and fell in love with the Southern charm of the recipes and the stories. I’ll update as I go through the recipes in her book. And next week will come a slew of new posts! Hopefully. 🙂